Grade: Indicate the cosmetic condition of the item.
New: Unopened, unsolved, still in packaging.
(A) Collector: Flaws must be very minor, subtle, and difficult to identify.
(B) Solver: Minor to moderate flaws apparent upon close inspection.
(C) Cosmetic: Noticeable flaw immediately apparent upon handling.
(D) Flawed: Multiple noticeable or single significant flaw immediately apparent.
(E) Broken: Flawed to the point of being non-functional, or missing pieces.
Function: Indicate the functional condition of the item.
New: Unopened, unsolved, still in packaging
(1) Perfect: Neither loose nor tight, no binding or alignment issues, moves smoothly.
(2) Excellent: Very slightly loose or tight, no force needed, no alignment issues.
(3) Acceptable: Moderately loose or tight, no force needed, slight alignment issues allowable.
(4) Problematic: Very loose or tight, force needed to solve or major alignment issues indicated.
(5) Nonfunctional: Puzzle does not function properly and/or can not be solved.
The following fields have been added and are mandatory for all items:
Cosmetic Issues: Describe any cosmetic defects
Functional Issues: Describe any functional issues
Repairs: Has the item been repaired? (If yes, describe in the listing)
Packaging: Is the item in the original packaging?
Documentation: Does the item include original documentation?
Finally, there are some rule changes for sellers and buyers:
Item condition must be accurately assessed and disclosed. Any seller who receives multiple complaints of overstating condition may be suspended or banned from future participation.
Stock photographs are no longer allowed. Seller photos must be of the actual item for sale.
The amount paid for an item shall not change expectations with regard to grade and function. Any buyer who receives multiple complaints of challenging an accurately stated item condition may be suspended or banned from future participation.
We hope that these changes help foster a safer and more transparent experience for all users. If you have any feedback on these changes, please contact us.